Configuration Multisite configurationFebruary 19, 2023 at 5:39 AM
NADI has full support of WordPress Multisite environments.
Before we had started the development of NADI we thought a lot about different use cases in a multisite environment and specifically in combination with Active Directory Integration.
- ADI 1.x had a lot of options which covers the most common use-cases and Active Directory environments. All of the use-cases must be supported.
- Within a multisite environment all of these configuration options should have been pre-definable by the multisite network administrator and customizable by every blog administrator.
- In addition to that, NADI must not leak sensitive information like passwords or user accounts to unprivileged blog administrators.
All of these requirements led us to the concept of Profiles:
- A profile defines a set of configuration options
- Every configuration option in a profile can be hidden, disabled or activated by the Multisite Super Admin
- Inside a Multisite network each of the blogs can have an assigned profile. If no profile is assigned a default profile is used
- Based upon the assigned profile of his blog the Blog administrator can only see and edit specific configuration options
Think of profiles as a way to map your Active Directory environment and its organizational structures and permissions to WordPress’ user management.
Profile inheritance and permissions
Every configuration option of a profile can be customized by the blog administrators if they have the required permission. Unless the blog administrators have not overwritten the configuration value for their blog the value of the profile is used.
Using NADI as a Super Admin
After you have logged into your WordPress Multisite network dashboard your Active Directory Integration menu shows the entries Profile, Profile assignment and Profile. The first action after the installation of NADI should be to add one or multiple profiles. In a fresh installation the Default profile disables every configuration option of NADI.